Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Weekend Adjustments Ahead

Currently Reading: Jupiter by Ben Bova

It's certainly going to be an interesting few days this weekend. We've got some adjusting to do in the family.

My father got a job earlier this week. He went in for his orientation today and he start's work on Friday. His schedule has him working Friday through Monday which means 4 longer days but a 3 day weekend. That's going to take some getting used to for everyone around here.

Naturally this is going to alter the plans for the baseball game CC and I are going to this weekend. We were planning on taking him with us but since he'll be working, my niece is going instead. That actually works out pretty well. When I asked her about it yesterday I thought her eyes were going to bug out of her head. She's pretty excited :-)

And let's not forget that CC's still trying to adjust to her new schedule. Poor thing. Some days she's just completely worn out when she comes home but still too keyed up to sleep. And since she's used to getting up early, she tends to STILL get up early. The only time she gets a proper, LONG sleep is when she's out of energy completely.

Meanwhile, down in San Antonio, Judy, one of my friends since WAY WAY back, is going to be recognized by the San Antonio theater community as a "Living Legend." Now me, I look at it this way, better to be a living legend than a dead one right? But then again, I'm not the one getting the award. Usually when you get something like that it means everyone figures you're no longer going to be working in your field; people think you're retiring and moving on. So she's got to adjust to that.

Speaking of SA, my mother will be down there on vacation starting tomorrow. You guessed it, more adjusting, though only for a few days.

I guess the only one NOT adjusting much this weekend is me. That must mean I'm going to be the stable rock that everyone clings to :-)

No comments: