Monday, May 16, 2005

Another Great Weekend!

Just Finished Reading: In The Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami

Yet again, Monday. You know, for the longest time I never really was much into the weekends. During high school, the weekends were when I went to debate tournaments or marched in the band. During the summer months and in college, weekends meant working at the theater (including one really hellish stretch working both at Kmart AND the theater). It was also the only time I was able to catch up on my reading or write papers for class.

CC and I had another great weekend. Saturday was very slow, very relaxing. We had absolutely nothing planned except food shopping but before we did that, we went out for cofee and cheesecake. Actually she gets Caramel Macchiato and I get a Chai Tea Latte. Anyway, we went over to the book store, got our drinks and sat talking there in the cafe. We really love doing that.

Finally, we went food shopping. We were a bit later than usual but since we really didn't have anything else to do, there wasn't much of a rush. Of course, that didn't stop me from rushing :-) I tend to get that way when I shop. If I'm getting tired, or if I notice CC getting tired, I try and rush through it so we can get home faster. In this case, CC was already tired and I was getting there so I pushed a little bit :-)

We got home, had a nap, had a little dinner, then the kids came over. CC and I were out lounging around the pool of course. Really, it was more like we were sitting on the edge soaking our feet. We also played catch for a little bit and watched the girls swim. Just one long relaxing day :-)

Sunday was for baseball. Both CC and my niece Margaret skipped breakfast so as to take full advantage of the all-you-can-eat buffet at the game. We drove out to the ballpark, loaded up on food and ate :-) And ate. And then we ate a little more and went to our seats.

I took advantage of that break before the game to call my friend Judy. Sunday she was honored as a living legend in Texas theater and I wanted to make sure she got the flower I sent. Chatted with her for a little bit then the game got started.

Only had one foul ball head in our direction. The rest were too short. Not many heavy hitters on either team.

Oh yes, naturally we lost. Happens every time for me. I cheer for a team, they lose. This was our second Redbirds game and the second time I saw them lose. It was a good game right up until the 8th inning when the relief pitchers came in. Theirs was MUCH better than ours.

Came home. CC wanted to stop and get ANOTHER mandarin chicken salad from Wendy's so we stopped. Ate. The end :-)

Oh yes, one last thing. Burned. Yup, I burned. Didn't really notice it much until we came home. I have the WEIRDEST tan lines too. On my left arm I've got the usual watchband tan line but I've ALSO got one on that arm from the wristband they issued us for the buffet. Fortunately I didn't burn MUCH which means while I'm QUITE red, it doesn't hurt. I'll just have to avoid the sun for a few days :-)

No comments: