Monday, May 30, 2005

So Very Tired . . .

Currently Reading: Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

Every now and then you have a day that is so much fun you just don't it to end. Saturday was like that. Saturday CC and I went to the zoo. There's nothing particularly special about that of course. I've been to the zoo here a few times already and I've been there with CC as well. But Saturday we did something that I haven't done in ages: we spent the WHOLE DAY at the zoo!

As is typical, we went grocery shopping first. Have to have that food you know. We were both in a bith of a rush though. We'd decided to go the zoo earlier in the week and we were both looking forward to it. CC's got a whole bunch of pictures on her blog so if you want more zoo info, have a look.

Highlights? Everyone wants to know the highlights. Well, let's see. There were Amish people there. That's always interesting. No, they weren't part of any zoo exhibit, they were just there looking at the animals with the rest of us. We got to pet a goat and a donkey. Most of the animals were sleeping though. It was about noon when we got there, maybe 12:30, which I guess is nap time for most of them. One of the giant pandas was awake and eating and posing. I think it's gotten used to having an audience because the bear was sitting right by the window to the enclosure. It just sat there and ate while we watched.

I think I enjoyed watching the gibbons the most though. Cute little things with REALLY long arms. They look so funny walking around but you put them in the trees or on their mokey bars and WOW are they graceful! Playfull too. They're just fun to watch.

Sunday, shopping. We didn't PLAN on spending the whole day shopping, it just sort of worked out that way. We went out to the mall because CC wanted to check out some skirts. My mistake was going in through JC Penny. They were having a HUGE sale and she hit the racks and came away with three shirts. We had lunch, wandered around a bit, then went to Old Navy. They didn't have what we were looking for so we went to a DIFFERENT Old Navy closer to the house. More skirts, blouses, and even a pair of pants for me.

So now it's Monday and after having such a busy weekend I'm tired. CC's tired too. But hey, I don't want to hear any jokes about how she and I are getting old ok? It's not the years, it's the milage :-)

No comments: