Tuesday, May 24, 2005

And Odd Assortment of Useful Things

Currently Reading: Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

You know, over the 15 years or so that I worked with the theater group back in San Antonio, I learned a number of REALLY useful things. For example, I learned how to untangle even the most complicated wad of leather fringe. I also learned you can fix almost anything with a hot glue gun properly applied. And then there's my as yet unused skill of untieing and removing a Victorian-style woman's boot in the dark while said woman changes clothes.

None of that is really relavant to today's story though. No, today was about dyeing. Specifically, dyeing sweaters. CC has two sweaters that were looking less than fresh. They were fading pretty bad and she didn't like to wear them much anymore. They still fit well and were comfy so it'd be a shame to throw them out. Instead, I dyed them.

So far the results look good. The light green one has only one spot on it that might be trouble. It's a little darker than the rest but it's directly at the underarm seam so I'm not sure if anyone can see it when the sweater is on. The brown one came out just great :-)

It's always nice to put these theater skills to work. I'll have to cut this entry short though. I see a pair of boots that need unlaced.

No comments: