Sunday, May 08, 2005

Breakfast on the Bubble and Other Weekend Adventures

Just Finished Reading: Vengeance is Mine by Mickey Spillane

Well, another weekend has come and gone and yet again, more adventures. Granted, we have very few weekends like last week's but we do still manage to do an interesting thing or two now and then.

First up for us was the Greek Festival that CC mentioned in her blog. Great little deal there. When you get right down to it, it's just a little church fair. It's held at the Greek Orthodox Church, lots of Greek food and music. Better still, lots of little tents and tables where you can just sit and enjoy it all. Being able to just kick back and keep cool REALLY helps.

We followed that up with a trip to a candy store to pick up some chocolate covered strawberries that CC'd gotten a craving for. She found them a little rich at first but rest assured, over time she got quite used to them and, I think, enjoyed them.

The evening wasn't very eventful but quite relaxing. We watched TV, chatted, relaxed and just enjoyed each other's company. That's one of my very favorite ways to spend time :-)

This morning, well now, there was one quite humorous moment right at the start of the day, or at least MY day. CC woke me up at 9. She gets a little restless some mornings and likes to actually be DOING something when she wakes up. She doesn't like to waste weekend time. So, she wakes me up at 9. She curls up nice and snug and we start to chat a little and watch TV. 15 minutes later she is asleep. That's right, she is OUT. Let me tell you, if I hadn't had to get out of bed to let the dog out, she probably would have slept an hour or more.

After a while we finally dragged ourselves out of bed. It was looking like a lazy Sunday. We decided to go out for breakfast. That wasn't exactly the best idea. Along the way I'd forgotten that it was Mother's Day because the books we'd gotten for my mother had already been wrapped, given and unwrapped before I even got up. Well, as you can imagine, there were quite a few families out this morning and not nearly enough places to eat breakfast. We drove by IHOP first, packed, then Perkins, also packed. Turned around, stopped at Burger King but they'd stopped serving breakfast and were serving lunch. Decided to try IHOP again and hit the bubble :-)

When we arrived, we were put on the waiting list. The host starts going down the list, calling names, no one answers. They'd given up waiting and left. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes before we had a table.

Naturally once we finished and left, there was a crowd again. Luck was in our favor today :-)

I was right about it being a lazy Sunday. We made a quick stop at Best Buy then came home and played a bit of Sim City 3000. I loaded it up on the machine a few days ago and CC was playing it. Neither of us is very good at it I'm afraid. I was able to make some progress though, but not with MY city.

CC asked me, after she'd gone into work this evening, if I could try and save her city. When I loaded it up, she was slipping into debt fast. She was already paying off one loan and the money was pouring out. I took what little was left and managed to turn things around quite nicely. When I saved the game and closed it down, her city was running in the black with a nice little surplus waiting for her to spend. Now if I can only remember how I did it and use the same techniques on MY city :-)

No comments: