Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hybernating

Currently Reading: Black Dahlia Avenger by Steve Hodel

Hybernating. That's my story, I'm sticking with it.

What really happened was only vaguely more exciting. CC had a schedule change and when CC has a schedule change, I have a schedule change.

Last week, CC wasn't getting much sleep. They were getting all the training materials together for their new client so she was up all night or she'd sleep early then wake up at 3 am and start working on things. I don' t know if you've ever had to go through something like that but it's damn hard to sleep soundly in a room where someone else is working like that, even if you're near-deaf like me.

So we spent a good part of the weekend unwinding from that stressed out week and catching up on our sleep. Hybernating :-)

Didn't last long though. Monday morning, I'm not making this up, I was awake at 5:30 . . . AM! Yes, that's right, me, awake and mobile at 5:30 in the morning. CC needed to be at her boss' house between 6 and 6:30 so they could go over material for managment training.

Today wasn't nearly as bad. I got to sleep in. Didn't wake up until 6:30! WOO HOO! Yes, you know there's something seriously wrong with the universe when sleeping until 6:30 sounds good :-)

Some of you out there are no doubt wondering why I don't let CC drive herselve to work instead of having to wake up early. Simple answer to that question. She doesn't have a valid license. Her Manila license expired.

Speaking of licenses, we're getting one for her tomorrow. It doesn't have anything to do with these early mornings though. We were out Saturday trying to get her a bank account but they require a driver's license now. Can you believe it? We went through all the trouble of getting a social security card and that's not enough. Have to have a driver's license too.

In fact, that's the policy with all the local banks here. Not sure if they're as picky about it over at Bank of America but since we don't have a Chase branch here or a Citibank branch, we have to deal with what's in the area. SO, tomorrow we're going to get her a driver's license . . . I hope :-) Then Saturday she'll have her own bank accounts and everything will be peaceful again :-) . . . I hope :-)

No comments: