Tuesday, March 29, 2005

And the packages came rolling in . . .

Currently Reading: Jupiter by Ben Bova

We've been doing a bit of shopping on eBay lately. How much? Well I'm not really sure yet. The final numbers depend on how many auctions CC wins today. What I DO know is that we're shopping there a little too much.

It's easy to get hooked on eBay though. They have pretty much anything and everything you've ever wanted and they usually have it at a MUCH lower price than retail. That's what gets you. At first it's a matter of, "Hey, look at that! I've been wanting one of those since . . . ". Then it becomes, "WOW! Look at how much money I'll save if I get one of these HERE instead of at the store!" The problem is that once you shift the focus from things you want to how much you save, it becomes VERY easy to talk yourself into things you never really needed in the first place.

We're going to slow our shopping now. I'm not even going to go over to the site for a while. There's nothing that I want or need so there's no reason to go over there and submit to the temptation right? I don't know if CC will be as lucky. She's still in a few auctions so she may go over there and check on them and that might lead to browsing and buying.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for her ok? :-) And hey, if she ends up in another auction, it's ok. We all need to be very supportive. It's not easy to quite eBay cold turkey you know :-)

No comments: