Saturday, March 19, 2005

First TennesSEE YA!

Currently Reading: Venus by Ben Bova

Time to wave BYE BYE to the folks at First Tennessee Bank. I won't be visiting THEM anymore. Cut up my bank card too for that matter. You'll all no doubt remember First Tennessee. They're the ones who wouldn't let CC open an account or even share a JOINT account with me. Without a driver's license, they just wouldn't let her bank there. Worse, they actually told us it was the same at all the major banks.

Now we know different.

To be honest, had I known how much better the service was at Bank of America, I'd have gone there LONG ago. I have no idea how B of A is in your hometown. Maybe they're awful where you are, but up here, they are great. CC got a check this week, reimbursment for expenses during her Omaha trip. Normally when we get a check like that, we go to the bank where the check was issued, show two or three forms of ID, she puts her thumbprint on the check and we finally get the money. That's fairly standard actually. My sister used to have to do the same thing. Not anymore for us though. CC got her first taste of what banks are like here when you have an account with them. We walked up to the window, handed over the check and her ID. The clerk turns to her supervisor and asks, "Do we take this as primary ID?" Supervisor looks at it, nods, and the next question is, "How do you want it?" Quick, simple. We were in and out in 5 minutes. Hell it took me longer than that just to see the person at First Tennessee about closing my account.

They did manage to get one last little jab in at me though. I had been waiting for the last of my checks to clear before I closed the account. Had a total of about 2 dollars left. Wouldn't you know it, they hit me with a monthly service charge Thursday night and wouldn't let me close the account until I paid them the difference. Between you and me though, it was worth it to be rid of them. They're just not very good at dealing with people.

No comments: