Monday, March 07, 2005

Birthday Blog

Currently Reading: Nothing. Starting a new book tonight.

Well it's now official, I have shifted demographics. I am no longer a part of the coveted 18-34 age bracket. I guess this means I'm supposed to not like TV anymore and think that all music produced these days is crap. Kids have their radios up too loud, they dress funny, they act rude. Wait, actually none of this is any different from how I've been for the past 5-10 years :-)

Had a pretty good birthday this year though it started out slow. In fact, I spent most of the day just totally goofing off, watching TV and playing video games. I don't do that very often. Usually I've got too much work to do, either for a client or around the house and when I do have large amounts of free time, I always feel guilty just sitting here watching TV. Better to be reading or even watching a movie. I'm just not the type to sit in front of the TV set and channel surf.

Picked up CC and we stopped off on the way home at this place called Yaya's. It's a Mediterranean place. Not sure how the food is; I've never eaten there. The reason we stopped was for a specific dessert that CC's boss had brought in. Words cannot do this stuff justice but I'll give you the basics. It's a cheesecake, sort of raspberry topped. Chocolate all around it. Chocolate crust. Like I said, words can't do it justice, just trust me, it's excellent stuff.

Got home, had some pizza (my choice for birthday dinner) then got to the presents, WOO HOO!

The big one, the present that stands out the most came from my sister and her family. They got me a microwave! Ok, technically that's for both CC and I but still, a microwave! Oh, and a gift card to Target too, but a MICROWAVE! You know, by the time CC and I move out, we're not going to actually NEED anything :-)

Parents got me the first season of 24. Love that show. They also got me a gift card from Borders. Maybe I should start a betting pool to see how long that Borders card lasts. Will it make it to the end of the month? End of the week? End of tomorrow? Not sure yet :-)

From Judy and John, my friends down in San Antonio, I got a Painted Pony. If you read CC's blog you may have seen the one they got for her. There's an entire collection of them. They got me one of the cooler ones. It's painted up with pictures of steers. Cow Pony, it's called.


You can find out more about this particular painted pony here and about the entire collection here. Along with the pony, they also sent along a CD of some great Native American music (these were in the box featured in the "Man's Best Friend" entry).

From CC, well we went out yesterday and did a little shopping. I really enjoyed a show called Wonderfalls over on Fox. It didn't last (like a lot of good shows over on Fox and other networks) so they released the whole thing on dvd. CC got me that plus we also picked up a copy of the Special Edition of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Oh yes, and for her, a copy of The Brak Show, Volume One. Damn funny cartoon. I only saw a few episodes when it ran on the Cartoon Network so I'm enjoying it as much as she is.

So there you have it, my birthday. Oh, almost forgot, ice cream cake. Cookies and cream. Good stuff there :-)

Hmm, so where should I go tomorrow? Target? Borders? Neither, stay home and watch movies? It's so great to have options :-)


No comments: