Friday, April 01, 2005

Wet Dog And Soap

Currently Reading: Jupiter by Ben Bova

Everybody's a critic. I already posted this once. Typed it all out, hit the "publish" button and ended up with some sort of java error. I guess the server didn't much care of my detailed rendition of dog washing.

That's what the bathroom smells like, by the way, wet dog and soap. I've washed the dogs today because last night I found a flea. Oh joy of joys, it's flea and tick season! Actually, it never really went away. It didn't get quite cold enough this winter to kill them all off so they've always been lurking out there I suppose. But now one found its way into the house so the dogs must be de-fleaed.

It's not as fun as it used to be. Katya used to be much better about baths than she is now. She doesn't like to sit still in the tub much anymore and she LOVES to shake all that water out of her fur. I usually end up wetter than she is in the end.

And Jack, well, actually he's a success story. At the mention of a bath, he used to get scared, run, pee, and hide . . . in that order. Now, he still gets scared but he comes into the bathroom and waits it out. He knows I'll find him anyway. I can just follow the pee :-)

Once they've dried off a bit I'll brush them down and put on the flea drops. The brushing process will result in a ball of fur large enough to create an emergency, back-up dog or, if we're so inclined, a very colorful sweater for one of the smaller dogs.

Still, better all this than having fleas :-)

No comments: