Friday, April 29, 2005

Wait, this is MY fault?

Currently Reading: Essential X-Men Vol. 2 by Marvel

My family is nuts. It's probably hereditary too meaning that somewhere along the lines I'll go nuts too if I haven't already made the trip.

Earlier today, I was sitting here at the machine just reading the news online when my mother came home from work...

Mom: Did my books come yet?
Bear: Uh, no. Not yet.
Mom: They were supposed to get here today!
Bear: Well, did you get a message saying they were sent?
Mom: Yes, and they should be here now!
Bear: Well, maybe they'll get here tomorrow. Sometimes the estimates are wrong.
Mom: They were supposed to be here the 28th or 29th!
Bear: I know, but sometimes it takes another day or two.
Mom: Why aren't there here yet?

This went on in a circle for about 5 minutes. The whole while she's getting more and more worked up and keeps asking me WHY they're not here yet, as if I somehow had the power to stop them from arriving.

And people wonder why I tend to avoid my family when CC's not around :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not nice to speak about your mother when your father could look in. For all of you out there that still have mothers, don't for get "MOTHERS DAY" Sunday May 8, 2005. That would be next Sunday for those of you that do not own a calendar.