Monday, April 25, 2005

Online Shopping

Currently Reading: My Gun Is Quick by Mickey Spillane

I'm starting to wonder why more people don't shop online for some things. I've been doing a bit of comparison shopping between the online book stores and the stores here in town and you can't BELIEVE the money I'm saving on books.

What I've been doing lately is going to the book stores, jotting down a few titles that I'd like to pick up, then I go online to Amazon and order them there. In many cases I'm saving 40% or more and the only catch is that I have to wait and buy them in 25 dollar chunks. If you spend 25 dollars or more the shipping is free.

Of course, not everything is cheaper online, that's why you have to be careful. Sometimes the stores over-buy a certain title and have to mark it down for clearance later. You can catch some great deals then. Same goes with buying music and movies. Sometimes it's just cheaper to run down to the local Best Buy or Walmart.

No comments: