Monday, April 25, 2005

My Week Is Long

Currently Reading: My Gun Is Quick by Mickey Spillane

There you go, a title in the style of Mickey Spillane. Yes, my week will be long but not really for anything that I have to do. My week will be long in supporting CC and what she has to do.

Let me give you the quick version. She's teaching classes via video conference this week to students in Manila. No problem right? Well, not exactly. Due to limitations in bandwidth at the office, she'll have to teach these classes at night. This week, her schedule is 7 pm to 4 am.

That wouldn't be too much of a problem if she was more of a night owl but CC's the type who wakes up at 4 or 5 in the morning and is asleep by 8 or 9 at night. She sometimes wakes up at midnight, stays up a few hours, then goes back to bed. Needless to say, adjusting to this schedule is going to be tough.

She tried very hard last night and managed to stay up until 4:30. Problem is, she wasn't able to sleep solid through the day. She slept a good 4 hours or so this morning and napped off and on during the day so in theory she's had a full night's sleep in pieces but when she went to the office, she was dragging a little, poor thing.

And naturally since her sleep pattern is off and she's stressing all the time, that throws mine off too. In the old days, when I could still hear, it wouldn't have bothered me as much but these days I'm a much lighter sleeper than I was.

Wish us both luck :-)

No comments: