Wednesday, September 28, 2005

New Phone; Shrinkage; Cooling Off

Currently Reading: Hammerjack by Marc D. Giller

I got a new phone. It's pretty cool. Here, let me post a picture of it:


It's a Motorola V188. It's got all the cool features cell phones have theses days except for the camera. I don't need a camera on my phone. I have one on my PDA which is much more convenient. It's so tiny too. What's really amazing about it is the sound quality. My hearing totally sucks, everyone knows that, but I can still hear fine on this tiny little thing.

When I was first playing with it, I kept thinking, "you know, it's almost like the little flip radios that they had on Star Trek, but smaller. Funny thing is, you can go online and get wallpapers for it with the official seal of the Federation of Planets. Or if that's not your cup of tea, the Klingon Empire.

-----

Met with the shrink again today. We do this twice a year. I drive over, we sit down, chat a bit about things, then he gives me a refill on my prescriptions. Simple. I'm certified sane for another 6 months :-)

-----

We're coming up on the best time of the year. It's starting to cool off for fall. Tomorrow the high is going to be 70. That's it, just 70. That means when I walk the dogs tomorrow morning I may actually need a sweatshirt.

I love the fall. Unlike the spring, in fall you have football AND baseball! Plus there's all the great baking smells. I don't know anyone who doesn't like the smell of pumkin pie and pumpkin pie spice. Even if you don't actually like the pie, that smell, it's just so relaxing.

Better still, no raking of leaves for me, not that it was much of a problem before now. Oh sure down in Texas I'd have to rake them up once in a while but my parents' house doesn't have any real trees in the yard so almost no leaves to rake up. Some blow in from other yards but not really enough to matter. Point is, cooler air, nice fall colors and smells, minimum work :-)

.

No comments: