Friday, September 23, 2005

Blaming Bush; Rita; Updates

Currently Reading: The Catcher In The Rye by J. D. Salinger

Yesterday I lost the AC in the apartment. Middle of the afternoon, hot day, no AC, can you believe it? I figure, when you get right down to it, it must be Bush's fault.

Well why not? He's to blame for everything else right? From natural disasters to disasterous TV schedules, everyone blames Bush so why not blame him for my losing the AC? Here's where he failed. He didn't impliment a national program designed to make sure that everyone with an AC also had a clean filter in that AC. As a result, mine was dirty, blocking the airflow and causing the entire insides of the AC to freeze up. Literally. Seriously, it was ice city in there.

Ya gotta feel sorry for the guy. I mean, unless you're one of those annoying, finger-pointing, Michael Moore types. Poor George gets blamed for everything. Even when he does stuff right he gets blamed for it. Actually what usually happens in those cases is that he gets blamed for any little thing that goes wrong and gets NO credit for stuff that goes right.

Yet another reason why I could never be president. I'd be too tempted to just go on camera and tell everyone to piss off :-)

-----

And then there was Rita. You know what caused this one? No, not Bush actually. Hurricane Rita was caused by two filipinas in transit. Say what? Well see, at CC's office there are these two girls who came over here from Manila to train. They arrived . . . when? With Katrina. They're leaving . . . when? Well actually they got delayed because they're flying through Houston, sight of . . . Rita. Coincidence? I think not! :-)

What they should have named this one was Overload. That's right, it's Hurricane Overload! I'm thinking it's not just me anymore. I am SICK of seeing hurricane coverage. Day after day, more and more boring reports about the hurricane. What's odd though, almost no coverage of the one that hit the East Coast. Maybe they got something against Shakespeare.

Anyway, the only thing I've found worse than this mind-numbing hurricane coverage is CNN's coverage. They always have up this dramatic (lame) tagline. It's something like EMERGENCY! or DISASTER AREA! or whatever. I guess they're trying to drum up the ratings a bit but it really looks stupid. Guess those folks at CNN never saw a hurricane before and they think the sky is falling.

One thing I found pretty funny about the Rita coveage is the traffic. I'm sitting here looking at the traffic and the reporter says it's bumper to bumper heading out of Houston. Then they show a shot of I10. Now, I've been on that road and I'll tell ya, hurricane or not, it looks like that quite frequently :-)

-----

The Mucha print got here! We now have artwork over the fireplace :-) CC's a happy camper and so am I!

Have a great weekend! Stay dry!

.

No comments: