Monday, September 12, 2005

The Boys Are Back In Town, Bursitis Blues, Anniversary Present

Currently Reading: South Of The Border, West Of The Sun by Haruki Murakami

It's so nice to have a reason to cheer on football Sunday again. WHAT a game for the Cowboys eh? In case you missed it, they won, obviously, but more importantly, they played one HELL of a great game against San Diego.

The best games are the ones that go right down to the final snaps in the game. Yesterday, there was quite a tense few moments as the Chargers were down there in striking distance with 4 shots at the end zone. A field goal wouldn't have done it. Had to be a touchdown. But the Boys held, giving the game a happy ending . . . for Dallas fans anyway.

This is a good sign. For the past several seasons the Cowboys have been pretty bad. I hardly watched any of the games last season, even when they were the only games available. You just KNEW it was going to be bad football.

Let's hope the season continues this way for them :-)


-----

Still nursing a sore shoulder. Talk about a royal pain. I can't sit for very along at the computer because there is no comfortable position for me right now. I can manage for a little while but I have to take breaks and I HATE doing that.

Worse, I can't seem to sleep more than an hour or two without waking up. I swear, last night, every hour to an hour and a half I was awake. When CC got up this morning she said to me, "You were tossing and turning last night." Sure was, and it didn't get any better. When I woke up for good (I actually gave up trying to sleep), my nose was stuffy and running and my stomach was a little sore. I'm thinking all that Advil was taking its toll. I never took more than it says on the bottle mind you, but it's like aspirin in that if you take it long enough, sooner or later it'll give you an upset stomach.

Not the way I'd prefer to start the week but I wasn't given a choice. As I told Judy earlier in an e-mail (she's dealing with a pinched nerve right now), let's all get better :-)


-----

I mentioned before that CC got me a shirt for our anniversary. I wore it yesterday of course, celebrating the great win over the Chargers. Last night, I went over to the Cowboys pro shop and downloaded a picture. Here's what it looks like:



My wife rocks! :-)

No comments: