Monday, August 15, 2005

Random Rants and Musings

Currently Reading: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Tonight's football game between the Eagles and Steelers. I've heard quite a bit about it from the online articles. They like to talk about how this is the "Super Bowl that could have been." That's a nice way of putting it. Me, I'd rather call it, "the game between two teams that got their asses beat by New England last season." Or perhaps you could call it, "CHOKE Bowl". Either one works for me :-)

And what's the deal with T.O.? He's a receiver for the Eagles. Yes, the guy is talented, I'll give you that, but DAMN he just got a contract last season that pays him more money than most of us would see in SEVERAL lifetimes and now he's complaining and wants a new contract, more money, or trade him. Hell if it were me I'd sit his ass out the whole season, don't pay him one dime, maybe even sue him for breach of contract, then cut him loose as a trouble-maker. There are already enough over-inflated egos in the NFL, we really don't need another one.

-----

August sucks. Too damn hot and humid. We need to think about getting central air for the entire southern half of the US. I mean OUTDOOR central air. I REALLY hate it when I start sweating just walking down the stairs to the truck.

-----

Why do we hate the French? Here's yet another example. They're crowding the beaches now, while on their one month vacations, and are complaining about how the temperatures have SOARED all the way up to 86 degrees. Hell it was at least that hot in the apartment yesterday.

-----

This business with adware and spyware really is annoying the hell out of me. CC and I had to make another rescue call yesterday to my parents. They'd picked up another one of those "adware scanners". I mean the bogus ones not the real ones. It's the adware scanner type that pretends it's actually doing it's job but really it's just screwing up everything and clogging up your machine. Makes you want to find the people who write these programs and string em up by their toes. Then, just for fun, find the people who actually install these programs in pop-up windows on their site and have them stand UNDER the programmers so that anything that leaks out of the programmer falls directly onto the distributor. That's fair right?

-----

My wife is a pretty damn good cook, for those of you who didn't know. Sunday she started off by making this really great apple dessert thing. It was sort of like an apple pizza which used pie crust for the crust, apples and spices for the topping. Tasted great. It's mostly gone already.

Then for dinner we had these really great ribs. They were marinated in plum sauce and a whole mess of Chinese spices. Damn good stuff there.

-----

Saturday, farmer's market, 8 am. We were walking around a bit and I ask CC what she was hoping to buy that morning. She says she's looking for plums. I tell her, straight face, I'm out here at 8 am on a Saturday. We're getting more than just plums :-)

.

No comments: