Monday, August 08, 2005

Damn . . . I Forgot What I Was Gonna Say

Currently Reading: Mars by Ben Bova

I hate it when this happens. All day I knew what I was going to blog about when I got a chance and now that I have a chance, I have no idea what I was going to blog about this morning.

Let's see, what are the potential items: the start of football season? That's very possible though right now I have no idea what I'd rant about. I am happy that it's started, at least the pre-season, but I certainly don't have enough to say about it to fill up a blog entry.

Peter Jennings? Certainly not. Had no idea he was even a story until mid-morning. I'll admit though, it does tend to point out certain hypocracies. Last week at this time he was among the three most hated guys on TV news. Now, well it's the usual butt-kissing story. Yeah, I know, don't speak ill of the dead but on the other hand, don't sell out either. If you didn't like the guy, fine, just give the basics and move on. Let's not gush. I'm also trying to figure out how some of these poorly written headlines made it past the editors. According to one, Jennings was delivering the nightly news for 50 years. That would mean he became an anchor at age 17. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been THAT long. He probably started his career at 17. Makes more sense. You'd think that people in the business of writing would pay more attention to their words.

Ok, so what else might I have wanted to rant about? Nothing from this morning but here are two items of note. First, rude cell phone people. Honestly, you habitual cell phone users really need to remember that you're out in public when you're on the phone. Seriously, do not give me that look when I'm out walking my dog and she barks. We're all out in the same field. She's a dog. She barks. You're the idiot trying to conduct business from the middle of a field. I've actually gotten the look several times, all from the same field. These are the same people who look at you funny in the grocery store when you happen to be talking to whoever you're with and the person on the cell phone grunts, turns away and mumbles something about rude people being loud. The world is NOT a phone booth. If you decide to make a call in public, expect noise.

Second, and finally, I'm feeding the blog to my website now. Didn't make sense to post to both places. Since I started blogging I haven't updated things over there so I signed up for an RSS feeder. If you're reading this from the site, howdy!

.

No comments: