Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hearing Things, Bath Time

Currently Reading: Mars by Ben Bova

Do you hear that? No wait, listen close. Can you hear that? It's sort of a low rumbling sound, like thunder off in the distance or maybe a delivery truck right outside. I'm not sure if *I* can hear it and that's the annoying thing. Well, let me be more precise. I can hear it, I just don't know if it's REAL or not. That's one of the annoying parts about losing the hearing. Sometimes you hear stuff that isn't really there. It's just your brain trying to make sense of the ringing. The problem with that is, ringing in the ears in the low range sounds more like a rumble.

No wait, I think I felt the floor vibrate that time. And the chair too. Maybe I'm not just hearing things. Maybe the Howard Dean freak downstairs has his TV turned up too loud. Damn, if it's up loud enough for ME to hear it, he's going to end up deaf too.

-----

Well, I've put this off about as long as I can. Time to face the facts: the dogs need a bath. I've been trying to avoid this for a while now because it burns up about as much energy as running a marathon. Ok that may be a little bit much. More like running a 10k :-)

Katya loves the water. She likes to play in the water. Bathwater is included. Put her in the tub, turn on the water and she's having a ball. That part is fine really, the problem comes in when you decide to add SOAP to the water. She's not a big fan of sitting still long enough to get soaped up. Plus, she likes to shake a lot. Again, not bad in itself but you have to remember, Katya soaks up water like a sponge. When she shakes, she gets EVERYTHING wet.

Guess I shouldn't really put this off. I just figured if I blogged about it, it would buy me a little more time :-)

Right, off I go.

Tell my wife I love her :-)

.

No comments: