Friday, December 30, 2005

The End of an Era

Currently Reading: Talk to the Hand by Lynne Truss

And which era is ending, you ask? Why the era of me not having a regular job. That era ended officially on Thursday when I started working at the Petco near the house. Yes, that's right, I'm working now at a pet store.

Just what exciting job am I doing at the pet store? I'm sure glad you asked that :-) I'm a dog bather. My official title is "Grooming Assistant" but what that mostly amounts to is that I wash and dry dogs.

I know what you're thinking, that it's a really sucky job but actually it's not so bad. For starters, me not being able to hear very well is actually a BENEFIT. Dogs make a lot of noise while they're waiting to have their bath and cut and don't get me started on how much noise the blowers and dryers make. I have no idea how the normal-hearing folks do it.

The pay is pretty good too. I get the larger amount between commissions and hourly wage. Hourly wage isn't that high but the commissions, WOW! You can earn some pretty decent money on the commissions.

Of course the best part about all this is that CC won't have to worry about money anymore. We'll now have more than enough to cover all the bills, plus the new bills from my surgery. And we'll be able to start saving as well.

Happy wife = happy bear :-)

.

No comments: