Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Toast To The Dogs; Showing Signs Of Age

Currently Reading: Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

This always seems to happen to me on days like this. Maybe it happens to you too, let's find out.

Ok, it's cold out. No shocker there. It's cold all over the country today. I was out walking the dogs in this cold weather and naturally my ears and nose were especially cold. Came back, started to warm up. Fed the dogs. Sat down to breakfast.

That's when it happened.

AAAAAACCCCHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!

Notice that this sneeze attack didn't happen when I got home. Didn't happen when I took off my coat and stuff. Didn't happen as I fed the dogs or even as I got breafast ready. No, this sneeze attack waited until I was sitting down, at the table, mouth full of food.

And so, toast, to my dogs :-)

To most of us, that's a bit gross. I sneezed toast all over my dogs. But you won't hear any complaints out of them. Far as they were concerned, that means table scraps for free :-)

-----

Alrighty, you want to know if you're getting old or not? Here are two signs that mean you are, for sure, getting old.

If you hurt yourself just by reaching into the refrigerator, you're getting old. No joke, last night I was putting away soy sauce. I took the bottle off the counter, turned, reached out to the fridge, put the bottle on the top shelf where it always goes and OW OW OW OW OW OW OW! Some sort of weird back cramp. I was standing there thinking, "What the HELL is this? I'm pulling a muscle by putting away soy sauce?"

If you are actually interested in watching The Weather Channel for more than 10 minutes, you're getting old. That's right, I actually watched The Weather Channel this morning during breakfast. I did it voluntarily. I did it with full knowledge that there are many other available channels for me to watch. And I was interested in it! At first, I put it on to see when/if we were going to get the snow they were talking about earlier in the week. Then I felt myself drawn into the drama of the snows in Denver. Then the tropical update! Then the drive time commute! Next thing I know I'm sneezing toast all over the dogs :-)

.

No comments: