Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My Adorable Wife

Currently Reading: The Once And Future King by T. H. White

My wife's been doing some adorable things lately. Not on purpose, but by simply being herself :-)

It's winter. She's cold. I have a big, poofy, down jacket. It's blue so I nicknamed it Big Blue. Big Blue is a REALLY warm coat. In fact, it's SO warm that I usually only wear it a few times a year. Naturally, when CC moved over I let her use it because she's cold a LOT more often than I am.

Today she wore Big Blue to work. Now, when I say she wore it to work, I don't just mean that she wore it during the trip to work, took it off, hung it up and went to work. No, she wore it to work. Up the elevator. Into the office. At the computer.

Can you just imagine how cute she looked, swallowed up by a big down jacket, hood up and everything! That's my wife, such a cutie pie :-)

This being the Christmas season, she's also displaying one of her other cute habits: impatience with presents. She's REALLY bad at waiting for holidays or birthdays to open her presents. She wants to know what they are NOW. She tries to get the information out of me and more often than not, she's successful.

Her latest attempt was pretty funny. She's asked for one of those new coffee makers that use a little pod of coffee and brews it under high pressure so it takes almost NO time to make. We're sitting on the sofa the other day watching TV and she says to me, all sweet-like, "Honey, you know how when I get presents I like to use them right away right? Well, just so I can be prepared, will I need to buy coffee pods when we go shopping?"

You'll be happy to know that I didn't fall for it this time. I mean, goodness we've only got a week left right? She can wait that long I'm sure. :-)

Oh, we WERE allowed to open ONE present early. Judy and John sent us their presents, which got here a few days ago. One of them was marked to be opened on the 21st so naturally we opened it up. Hey, we had to follow the instructions right? :-)

Well, we've been big fans of the Painted Pony figurines. Judy got us on those back when we got married. We have three of them . . . or rather I should say we HAD three of them. Now we have a fourth! Oh and it's a PRETTY one too, it's all done up for Christmas! I'll try and get CC to post a picture. It's REALLY lovely. We didn't know where to put it at first so we juggled the decorations a little bit so it fit on the TV where everyone can see it. Can't wait to show that one off :-)

Just 3 more shopping days until Christmas folks. I must say though, if you don't have to, you'll REALLY want to avoid the malls on Saturday. Hell just to be safe, better avoid any place that sells stuff. It's going to be crazy out there.

Be safe!

-----

Some of you may have noticed the little running tab on our Boggle games. Regular readers probably remember I mentioned that I was going to keep track of the wins and losses. Notice how I'm NOT getting any better? Pretty sad actually, I've been practicing online and she STILL whupped my butt tonight. She was on SUCH a roll that she managed to beat me in 3 rounds.

I did get a LITTLE revenge last night when we played Monopoly but it's somewhat hollow. She'd never played the game before and is still getting the hang of it. Besides, Monopoly is as much luck as it is skill anyway. If you roll bad, and she was rolling bad, you don't get to buy the better properties. And if you're REALLY lucky, like I was, you somehow manage to skip over all those hotels (and she had some hotels out there waiting for me). I'll be adding more as soon as we get more games to play.

.

No comments: