Saturday, October 08, 2005

So Co...Co...Cold II; Well Fair; New Fish

Currently Reading: Shadow Of The Giant by Orson Scott Card

Alright, let's not carried away with this business about it being cold. In fact, it's really not very cold at all. It is cold enough for a light jacket or maybe a sweatshirt, which is great because I have a lot of comfy jackets and sweatshirts. But it's not cold. Cool, yes, but not cold.

There's one exception to that though. My wife, for some strange reason, has been opening up the apartment at 5 in the morning. There's nothing unusual about her being awake that early but you would think, for someone who gets cold so easy, she'd avoid doing things like that.

This morning, and the morning before that, I woke up and it felt like it was FREEZING. She'd opened up the back door and the windows and there was a fairly steady breeze blowing through. When you've been sleeping all night and the bed is nice and comfy and warm, even COOL weather feels frigid.

I checked when I got out of bed, it was maybe 60-65 degrees inside. Yes, that's chilly, enough for a jacket or sweater, but not nearly as cold as it felt.

Last night, I got smart. It gets into the low 50's maybe upper 40's at night now, which is certainly cold, but it's not really cold enough to turn on the heater yet because it doesn't STAY that cold for long. By mid-morning we're in the upper 60's. So instead of turning on the heater I put the electric blanket on the bed. Oooooooo is that ever great! You climb into bed and instead of cold sheets you get a nice, warm, soft blanket. So very relaxing. Better still you don't wake up shivering because your wife decided to air out the apartment :-)

The only real drawback is that it's DAMN hard to get out of bed in the morning. Just too comfortable. It's so comfortable even the dogs fight over who gets to sleep on the bed. They both love to stretch out and be lazy :-)

-----

Went to a really big craft fair today. You may recall that CC got day passes from work so we only had to pay for parking (which wasn't much). The funny part was that we didn't really spend much time looking at the crafts. Yes, we did manage to walk through it once but we weren't paying much attention. There were a few booths we stopped to check out but mostly we just wandered around.

We were there for quite a while though. They had a stage set up. Not long after we arrived, they had Scottish dancers. Well CC just HAD to go see THAT. You should have seen her. She was practically dragging me over there she was in such a hurry. If I had let go of her hand she'd have broken out in a run. They were pretty cool to watch.

After the dancers there was a swing band that set up and played for an hour. Funny thing, one of the trumpet players is in the band at church. I didn't figure that out right away of course. I saw him as they were setting up and I KNEW I'd seen him from somewhere but I couldn't place the face. Figured it out eventually though.

We also ate :-) Crafts fair and how do we spend our time? Watching live music/dance and eating :-) CC had Mexican. I had Greek. Good food but a bit over-priced. I pretty much expect that at those sorts of events though.

-----

There is a new resident in the fish tank today. Still have the gourami known simply as Mr. Fish (if I name them, they die). I've been having a problem with algae lately though. Hell almost every surface in the tank has some green on it. So today Mr. Fish was joined by Mr. Janitor. That's right, I picked up a . . . well an algae eater. You know, them freaky looking sucker fish with the long name I can never spell properly but starts with a P. I'm not even going to attempt it. You know the fish I'm talking about.

He's doing his job. Already I'm noticing some breaks in the green. He must figure this new tank he landed in is an all-you-can-eat buffet. :-)

-----

If you noticed that tonight's entry was a little less fluid than usual, blame the sinus meds. Cold front came in, kicked up lots of dust and stuff, nose got plugged, had to take something. I waited until after the fair of course but the result is that I'm a little foggy-headed. Sorry about that. You still get all the information of course, you just don't get all of my fabulous, fluid prose. And no modestly either ;-)

.

No comments: