Friday, October 07, 2005

CC's Day Off; Weekend Preview

Currently Reading: Shadow Of The Giant by Orson Scott Card

The phrase for today is: And it's still only FRIDAY!

CC took the day off today. She had been thinking about it for a while and when the chance opened up, I pushed for her to do it. Up until Wednesday she wasn't sure but she was surprised to meet NO resistance to the idea when she asked for it. I wasn't surprised. Those folks there at the office know just how hard she works and so they had no problem giving her a break.

What took a little more convincing was getting her to use her day spa gift certificate today. Her birthday, WAY back in February, my mother got CC a gift certificate at Germantown Day Spa for a wrap, massage and facial. CC had been saving it for she "really needed it." Oh she's needed it for a while, she just kept thinking she'd save it for when she really needed it even MORE :-)

Wednesday I talked her into making the reservation and this afternoon I took her over there. Oh she came back one happy camper :-) I'm not going into detail about her visit, or at least what she told me. That's an entry for her blog. You'll have to wait for her to post it over there.

She was there for about 2 hours which gave me a chance to do some running around. I didn't really have any place to run around TO so I just hit the usual haunts. Played some video games over at Best Buy (totally suck at Mario baseball on Nintendo Gamecube but did surprisingly well as The Ultimate Spiderman on PS2). Then I checked out the lastest releases over at the book store. By the time I was done it was time to pick CC up.

I will say this, she was VERY happy with the service at the day spa :-)

-----

We don't have much coming up this weekend so I'm not sure if I'll have anything to blog about. One of the women at CC's office gave us two all-day passes at this big crafts fair that's running this week. So either Saturday or Sunday we'll head over there and see what they've got to offer. There was an article in the paper about it yesterday, it's a HUGE deal. Lots of vendors selling all sorts of things. Maybe we'll pick up something, maybe not. But since we got a free pass, seems silly not to at least go and look. Besides, ever since the lastest cold front came through the weather here has been WONDERFUL!

Whichever day we DON'T go to the crafts fair we're heading over to the parents' house. My mother's been doing some more cleaning and has a box of linens for us. Of course, we also still have one whole closet left to pack up. It's a spare closet, really, but like all closets it attracts a HUGE amount of stuff. We've also got come heavier coats stored over there that I need to bring back. So it looks like I'll be doing a bit of packing and carrying boxes this weekend. Just as well though. The bat cave has been needing some attention lately anyway. It's not nearly cluttered enough :-)

.

No comments: