Monday, June 26, 2006

We've Come a Long Way; Playlist; Brunch; Normal Week

Currently Reading: The Rosetta Codex by Richard Paul Russo

Check out the video running in the side bar. Back in the 80's that was cutting edge special effects for music videos. The song itself was all the rage at the clubs. They used to show the video on the HUGE monitor wall so we could all watch this guy sing while we danced. Look at him.

This was life in the 80's my friends. How we survived I'll never know.

The song is pretty cool though. It's got a great beat and you can dance to it :-)

-----

Speaking of music, I've posted links to the previous video segments. I left out the Family Guy one though because, well just because. I'm thinking I'll use this for more of a video jukebox than anything else.

-----

CC and I went out for brunch on Sunday. We had it at this GREAT place up on the 33rd floor of the building my mother works at. CC's got the name and description on her website. She mentioned it in a previous post.

Well, while it is a bit on the expensive side, DAMN what a great place to eat. They have a buffet for brunch on Sundays. You've got part breakfast, part lunch and a fabulous view of the city. From 33 floors up Memphis doesn't look so bad actually :-)

I had a plate of breakfast. Then, because it was getting close to noon, I had lunch :-) I wasn't a total barbarian though. I had them on separate plates :-)

-----

I'm going back to a more normal week tomorrow. No more three-day weekends for a while. Short-handed in the salon, as I mentioned last week. Hours are spread out more through the week and we've all got to adjust. Mostly that means two-day weekends just like normal people. Just as well. Those 10 hour days were starting to wear me out.

.

No comments: