Monday, June 12, 2006

Three Short Items

Currently Between Books

I love the little clip from Family Guy in the sidebar. They're always taking shots at old TV shows and let's face it, Star Trek is a target-rich environment. Given all the Trek geeks out there, this particular Family Guy clip isn't rated very high but it's DAMN funny.

Also, I was browsing through Amazon trying to see which books come out and which of my regular authors is actually working on something. One of those authors has his own web site and on that site he's got a blog. It's hosted by Blogger too. I added the link down there with the other blogs.

I doubt most of my regular readers have heard of this guy but he's generally credited for having coined the term cyberspace and was writing books about "the net" and virtual reality stuff WAY before the Internet took off. His writing is a bit technical at times, like most sci fi, but it's great stuff all the same. He's working on another book now and seems to be posting little snippets of it in his blog. Pretty cool!

I'm taking down the 2005 reading list. The sidebar is just getting too long. I'll host it over on my main site and add a link to it later.

.

No comments: