Thursday, June 01, 2006

Three Things

Currently Between Books

One drawback to the 4-day work week is that there's no Wednesday; there is no middle of the week. Today is day two for me and I found myself thinking at one point, "Great! It's Thursday already! Just two more days to go until the weekend." Later the same day, that turned into, "Crap, it's only Thursday? I've still got two more days left!" I suppose this is one of those "glass is half full/empty" situations and it mostly depends on what happens that day.

-----

Two VIP's were visiting the store today. We had the regional manager (which isn't that big of a deal since he comes through every couple of months anyway) and the head of grooming . . . for the company. That's right, the woman who is in charge of grooming policy did a walk-through today. The good news is that we passed with flying colors. The bad news is that there are going to be a few LITTLE changes made around the salon that will take some getting used to. It's always harder to adjust to the little changes. We'll manage though. At least we got good marks and she actually complimented me on how I dealt with a potential problem with one of the dogs (an old case of brush-burn that I accidentally aggrivated because no one knew about it). So score one for our side :-)

-----

Three things came to mind while blow-drying a golden retriever this afternoon: damn these dogs really shed a LOT, this is going to take me a while to clean up, wow, so this is what it would be like to stand in the middle of a cotton candy machine :-)

.

No comments: