Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One Hot Weekend

Just Finished Reading: Ghost in the Shell 2: After the Long Goodbye by Masaki Yamada

Well, I managed to survive the very long work stretch. Nothing really important happened, nothing worth blogging about. Just more gossip, most of which can't even be proven. Nothing that would show up in the newspapers.

What DID happen, happened smack in the middle of what was supposed to be my nice, slow, relaxing long weekend. Monday, on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far, our AC died. Oh yes, it died completely. Never let it be said that our AC does a half-assed job when it dies.

Even worse, this happened on a holiday. Monday was Memorial Day so there weren't any repair people working the complex. We had to pretty much just sit here and take it and wait until Tuesday.

Officially I think they said the high was 91 or 92, something like that but we had such AWFUL humidity it felt much worse. It's the kind of weather where you walk out the front door and your shirt just STICKS to you right there. Doesn't come un-stuck until you get into some serious AC. For those of you in Manila, that's pretty much a normal day for you so you know what I'm talking about. :-)

The guy was over this morning and got the thing working again. I hope it STAYS fixed this time. Given how ugly it was Monday, the last week in May, we've got the potential to be even hotter later in the summer. So keep your fingers crossed for us. I don't want to have to be going in to work just to cool off :-)

-----

Let's talk about fleas for a minute :-) You know what they look like. You know what they do. Well, it's that time of year again. They're back and they're breeding. If you've got pets, make sure you give them a good flea bath and then use the drops on them to keep the fleas from inviting themselves into your home. Already at work I've seen some pretty bad flea infestations. And, like I said with the AC, this is just the last week in May. Still plenty of time for things to get MUCH worse.

-----

Sunday dance class is over . . . sort of. It's over for the current styles of dancing so we won't be doing tango and foxtrot. It also means we'll have a different instructor coming in. That part kinda sucks or at least has the potential to suck. We like the guy who taught the tango and foxtrot. Who knows what the new teacher will be like. Maybe the new teacher will be all grumpy all the time or prissy or arrogant or who knows, just not nearly as friendly as the other guy. It'll be fun to learn a different dance step I suppose but I was really starting to enjoy the other class. Hell CC was actually letting me LEAD on Sunday. True story, at one point during the lesson she says to me, "Wow, you're really getting good at leading!" And I said to her, "No, actually I've been doing this all along. You've just finally started LETTING me lead." :-) Let's hope she continues to let me lead with the new dance steps :-)

.

No comments: