Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Return of the Gym

Currently Reading: Xenocide By Orson Scott Card

No, that's not the title of some missing Star Wars film, that's what happened yesterday. The gym has officially returned and it is fully functional. Feel free to drop off clothes that don't fit in your closet because, like most home gyms, it's only a matter of time before ours becomes a clothes rack.

Actually I shouldn't be too harsh. That gym equipment will receive plenty of purposful work so long as CC and I are here. The problem is, it wasn't purchased for US.

True to form, after waiting months for the treadmill to be repaired, yesterday, finally working again, no one used it. I asked my mother about that. She'd been using it as an excuse NOT to work out as often. Treadmill doesn't work. She likes to walk. Well now it works. What did she say yesterday? "Well no, I'm not going to use it NOW. I don't work out until AFTER dinner."

Fair enough. After dinner. Not the best time to get your exercise but I suppose better than never right? There's only one problem with that. After dinner she's tired and usually falls asleep early.

So, why am I being so harsh about it? Oh that part's simple. It's because I will now begin to hear even MORE often how I never get any exercise. There's a whole room filled with gym equipment, I should use it more often. Mmhmm, well, you know, my closet IS a little crowded these days :-)

No comments: