Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Weekly Roundup

Currently Reading: Between Books At The Moment

And it's time once again for another exciting installment of my blog. Ok, not really all that exciting this week but I thought I'd make up for that by throwing in some enthusiasm. Did it work? No, probably not, so let's just get on with it :-)

Last week was CC's birthday. She's all of THIRTY-FOUR now. Yes, I know, shocking isn't it? She sure doesn't look it, that's for sure. If you happened to miss her birthday, don't worry, she'll have another one next year. Save your guilt for something more important and just wish her a happy BELATED birthday. It's all good :-)

What did we do for her birthday? Well, we had dinner out with my folks. We went to the P.F. Chang's not far from here. We'd never gotten around to eating there. There's a Pei Wei up the road near the mall and we've eaten THERE but Friday was the first time at Chang's. They have great food. We'll be going more often to be sure.

As for special birthday presents, CC asked for map updates for the GPS. I know, I know, not exciting but I got it for her anyway because it's really very useful to have the maps reflect the current state of the roads. They're not 100% accurate of course. Cities build roads much faster than the map company can keep up with them so there are always little side streets that don't appear or sometimes whole subdivisions that show up as farmland. Kinda bad when you think about it. A whole subdivision went up SO fast it's not even on the map. Makes you wonder just how sturdy those houses are eh?

Saturday I had one of those "I feel old" moments. You see, Sunday was the birthday of one of our grooming assistants and since she didn't work on Sunday, I told her happy birthday on Saturday before I left. I then made the mistake of asking how old she's going to be. She chimed in, full of energetic perkiness, "I'll be NINETEEN!" Yeah, I knew she was young but I wasn't expecting such a perky response. I groaned a little (it had been a long day) and I said that she was almost exactly half my age and that I couldn't even REMEMBER 19. Then she said, without even missing a beat (and making the age thing REALLY sink in) "You're not OLD. My mom's 38 too!" Oh yeah, like THAT was a big help. I'm over it now of course, and it's actually pretty damn funny which is why I've added it to the weekly review. Guess I'll have to get used to that sort of thing because it'll happen a LOT more often.

Been having a problem with my right ear. Not a serious problem, just an annoying one. I've got some bad wax build-up going on in there so if you see me, speak to the left side please. I can't hear much of ANYTHING on the right side. I've been using the ear wax drops but those things take a few days to work. I can feel it loosening up a little but it's still a bit clogged up.

Oh yes, we had some weather roll through here. You've probably seen pictures and video by now I'm sure. Let me post a little clip I found on YouTube. This took place maybe 20 minutes from the apartment so we weren't in any real danger but it had CC pretty spooked when it was going on. You can read all about that in HER blog though.



No comments: