Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Katya's Twin

Every now and then something odd happens in the salon. Sunday, I was reminded of the first time Katia came in for a cut. See, Katia is Katya's twin, almost. Katia looks like someone took Katya and shrunk her a bit and sucked out some of the color. Confused? Here, check this out.

Ok, over on the left, Katia. Over on the right, Katya. See what I mean? The owners brought her in last summer and ever since then she's normally one of my regulars. Sunday they needed her in and out earlier than my schedule allowed so Andrew took her instead. It's not a tough cut or anything like that. In fact, I had two more Aussis that day and another one about two weeks ago. I'm slowly building up a little niche market for Aussis here in Memphis. I imagine I'll have it cemented right about the time we need to move to Nashville. That's ok though. I can always do the same up there.

Thursday we're in for a little treat. A new customer who has just moved here from Alabama is bringing in HIS Aussi. The treat? It's a MINIATURE Aussi. I've been wanting to see one of those ever since I read about them online. I'm curious to see just how small they are and to see if they've retained all the usual markings and shape. If I can, I'll get pictures.

No comments: