Monday, January 17, 2005

We Now Begin Our Broadcast Day

That's right, it's the blog you've all been waiting for! Most of you didn't even KNOW you were waiting for it, but it's here anyway! It's now time to take a glimpse into my universe and believe me, it can get pretty strange in here. The thing is, I don't often go out of my way to make strange things happen, they just do, all by themselves.

Let me give you just this one example:

Did you know that I got married on my grandmother's birthday? Neither did I. I found that one out at the reception. True story. My wife and I made plans to get married on September 17th (the day we met). She and I actually met online a few months earlier, but on the 17th we started exchanging e-mail and that began the relationship that led us to this point. No big deal? Did I mention she's from Manilla, Philippines? Did I mention that they're 14 hours ahead of us? It's a minor miracle we even met much less fell in love and got married and here all this starts on my grandmother's birthday.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

2 comments:

pebbles said...

Hi Steve. I don't if Cecille has told you anything about her kooky friends from HS in CSA but I am one of them. Think of it as your grandmother's birthday gift to herself when you got married to Cecille on her birthday because she already knew you would land in GREAT hands. :-)

Bear America said...

Hi Pebbles! Yes I know all about CC's friends, both high school and college. I've met a few already, chatted with some online too. So far I've liked every one :-)

And you're right, I think maybe CC and I, our wedding, that is sort of our present from my grandmother. Or in the very least, I get the feeling she's keeping an eye on us :-)