Monday, April 17, 2006

The Reading List

Currently Reading: Cell by Stephen King

In my second or third blog entry I started posting what books I was reading at the time I wrote the post. Every post afterwards included the "currently reading" tag. From time to time people mention that they've either read the same book I was currently reading or they wanted to know if it was good and should they read it.

For no apparent reason this morning, I got it in my head to make a list of all the books I read last year and the ones I've read so far this year and post them in the sidebar. If you'll look just to the right a little bit, below the music video and weather forecast, you'll see last year's reading list. Below that is this year's reading list to date. They aren't linked to anything so clicking on them won't take you to Amazon or one of the other online book sellers. I thought about doing that but once you look at the list and see how long it is, you'll understand why I decided NOT to :-)

One thing that is pretty clear is that going back to work has put a serious crimp in my reading. Just look at how long the 2005 list is. Here we are already half-way through April and I'm nowhere near where I should be to keep pace. Keep in mind that both lists leave out books that I started but never finished. I've had it happen on several occasions where I'll start reading a book, get 3 or 4 chapters into it and lose interest. Most of the time I just set it aside and come back to it later. It's a matter of moods.

Anyway, there's the list. All the books from last year and this year. I'll keep adding to it as I finish more.

Enjoy!

.

No comments: