Sunday, April 30, 2006

One Great Sunday

Just Finished Reading: Cell by Stephen King

Just finished a pretty long, short week. Short week in that I was back on a 4 day work-week but long in that three of those four days were 10 hour shifts. To be honest, it didn't really catch up to me until I STOPPED. I was fine Wednesday, Thurday and Friday. I didn't start to get tired until I hit Saturday, my short day. Go figure.

Another weird week coming up too. One of our groomers is taking a short vacation so naturally we have to adjust the schedules to make sure everything is covered. We bathers will get extra hours during the peak periods to make sure the groomer isn't overwhelmed by the number of dogs. So for just one more week I'm back to the 5 day schedule, then NEXT week back to the 4 day schedule for two weeks, then, I think, back to the 4 day schedule because the OTHER groomer is going on vacation. Confused? Me too. That's why I just write it all down and show up when it says I'm supposed to :-)

To make up for all that, the fates have been kind to me today. I had a great day :-)

Started it off by sleeping in. In fact, I didn't even get out of bed until 10:30. Oh I was awake at around a quarter til 10 but I didn't get UP until after 10:30. CC and the dogs came and kept me company so we just laid there, relaxing, petting the dogs, talking, that sort of thing.

When I finally DID get up, CC made me breakfast. She made toad in the hole for me and for her. I made some cinnamon rolls for a sort of breakfast dessert and that all came out great.

Lazy time after that. We went out onto the patio and watched the birds fly by. The bird that made a nest in our hanging basket is pretty funny. She kept flying by to see if we were gone yet. You'd see her fly past about the height of the basket and if you looked closely, you'd see her slow down just a little bit to check on the eggs before moving on again. CC says she won't come back to the actual basket unless you lay really still, like if you're reading or napping. I'm guessing after a while she'll realize we're not a threat and not bother moving anyway.

I walked the dogs after that. And since it was SUCH a nice day out, I told CC we just HAD to do something. We settled on baseball again. It's really fun and it gets better with practice. CC can hit an overhand pitch now (assuming I can actually throw it accurately) and HER pitching is getting better too. We started off in the batting cage then some kid showed up. We usually give up the cage when a kid shows up because HE actually needs the practice for whichever baseball team he's playing on. We're just doing it for fun. So, while he was in the cage, we decided to try our luck on one of the actual baseball fields.


It's a LOT more fun hitting on the field. True, today it was pretty wet and we ended up slogging through a muddy infield, but it's great watching the balls fly out into the outfield. It's also pretty funny when you pop-up and the ball comes down in soft clay with a THUNK and doesn't even bounce :-)

We stopped off at the car washing area on the way home. Had to rinse out the gear. Everything was covered in clay. While I was doing that, CC thought it'd be a good idea to wash the truck so she walked back to the apartment and got car washing stuff and we did that too. So once again the truck is clean :-)

Home again, we had steak for dinner. CC was craving steak earlier so I suggested we cook the ones in the freezer. I did that while she handled the side dishes of rice, au graten potatoes and veggies. Great dinner :-)

As you can imagine, by this time we've run out of energy. CC wasn't very active the rest of the night. She watched videos online, many of which you'll be seeing over on her site. She's drawing up a playlist of video to run in her sidebar so make sure you check her site from time to time. While she was doing that, I walked the dogs and had a minor adventure myself.

We have kids all over the complex of course. Today the dogs and I ran into some of them. They're pretty cute actually. A few are brave enough to come pet the dogs and the dogs love the attention but there are others who aren't quite so sure. There are two newer kids, also quite younger, who aren't much taller than Katya. They'd walk up while she was looking at something else, sort of sneaking over trying to steal a quick pet, then she'd look at them and they'd RUN back. Some other kids came over and were petting them for a little bit, at which point the little kids finally got brave enough to pet them too. The dogs love the attention. Even Jack didn't mind it so much :-)

The rest of the night, watched some TV and, of course, blogged. Oh, and I worked up those cool baseball card versions of CC and I at the park. Relaxing for me :-)

Well, I've got some more resting and goofing off that I need to cram into the remains of the day. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

.

No comments: