Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Holiday is Ending

Currently Reading: Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card

Well it looks like we all managed to survive the holiday season. Ok, well maybe it's only the 4th of July but that still means a 3 day weekend and lots of celebrating. Holidays are over though. Time to get back to work.

Not right this SECOND of course, but it is time to get back to work on things. Lately I've had quite a few items on my "to do" list and I've been less than eager to check them off. In theory, I suppose I could check them off without actually DOING them but that would be cheating :-)

Right now I'm in one of those situations where I have a lot of LITTLE things that need to be taken care of. So many little things that I'm not really sure where to start. And they're all just about as important so it's not like I can make it easier by ranking them and then starting with the most important. What happens is that I sit here trying to figure out which one to do first. Time passes. More time passes. Pretty soon there's not enough time to do some of those little things so I shorten the list to the ones I DO have time to finish. But by the time I've done that, more time has passed and I end up not having enough time to do ANYTHING. So, in short, I've ended up sitting here trying to figure out what to do first for so long that I got nothing done.

I've also been a bit under the weather the past few days. Maybe I'm allergic to work :-) Actually what I'm allergic to are these very pretty flowering trees that everyone likes to plant here in Memphis. They're certainly very nice to look at. Not a large tree, maybe 10 to 12 feet high on average. Every year they flower (some are white, some are pink) and every year they set my nose off something awful.

So, combine those two things and you've got a perfect recipe for inactivity and complete lack of production. Well no, not COMPLETE lack of production. I have managed to do one or two things but I'm hardly making good use of my time.

You know what's worse? Right now I'm sitting here trying to think of more things to say so I'll be able to stretch the blog entry and thus keep myself from doing some of the things on my "to do" list. Bad, yes, I know, I know. Bad bear! :-)

Oh alright, I'm going, I'm going. Maybe I can sort of ease back into it right? Start with some light chores, don't push myself too hard :-)

Ok.
Here I go.
Off to do something.
:-)

No comments: