Thursday, May 15, 2008

Summer Travel

Currently Reading: Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith

Just got back from Mars a few days ago and I came down smack in the middle of a Russian winter. Landed in Gorky Park in fact. Yes, I know, not space right? And didn't I just say in the previous post that I like to spend my summers in space? Yeah, ya caught me. But I do intend to return to space in a bit. I just got off on a detective novel tangent that's all. It happens some times and, again, also usually during the summer months.

We'll be doing a bit of travel for sure this summer. In June (at some yet to be determined date) I'll be moving to the Collierville store. It's official, at least for now (who knows, maybe corporate will change their minds again). Essentially I'm moving from one suburban city to another and at one point the two towns do actually meet. In terms of drive time we're talking about an additional 20 minutes or so depending on traffic. After I drive it a few times I may be able to find a shorter route using the GPS though.

August we'll be going to Manila for a wedding. We've made our flight reservations but we still haven't settled all the details. We'll need a place to stay of course and since I'll only have a week off, and 3 of those days will be tied up in travel, we'll need to plan things out as well as possible so we can see as many people as possible along the way. It'll be my shortest trip to the Philippines, that's for sure.

CC will be going to Manila in June. We're sort of wondering now if she'll be here when I first move to the new store or not. No firm dates on when that store is opening, just that it'll happen in June.

Oh, and she's got another friend getting married in Chicago in July. We'll try to swing that one if we can but as I already told her the other day, I can't make any promises on that one just yet. We'll have just opened the store and one of the other groomers is supposed to be going on vacation in July as well. Still, it's only Chicago, that's not very far. We may be able to fly in for a long weekend or something like that and get me back to Memphis with time to spare.

No pictures again this week. Sorry. Haven't really had much time to take shots of salon dogs or anything like that. We've got one groomer out on vacation this week so my days have been pretty full. Everything has been nicely spaced out so I do plenty of work but at the same time I'm not rushed to get it done or totally overwhelmed by it all. However, in place of pictures, I did come across this video online . . .



Is that cool or what? Of course it would totally scare the dogs and wouldn't run very well on the carpet anyway. Plus, I'm sure something like that is REALLY expensive, but still, isn't it cool?

No comments: