Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hello 2007

Currently Reading: Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: White Maze by Junichi Fujisaku

And so here we are, 2007. Can't say that it feels much different from 2006. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I made the same observation last year at this time too. But you know, last year at this time I had just started working at Petco so there were some pretty big changes on the horizon for me.

This year's changes don't appear to be quite as drastic. I'll be starting groomer training in a few weeks but fortunately that will happen at my current store. The only big change will be in going from a mostly night schedule to a mostly day schedule. It'll take some time to get used to but once I've adjusted, I'll be ok with that. I'll actually be home on a regular basis during prime time for TV. Hell I can actually watch my favorite shows when they first air instead of catching the replays on cable. That'll be a nice change.

I switched over to the new Blogger format tonight. Can't say I've noticed a difference but that's mostly because I'm lazy. See, the real changes for the new blogger assume that you'll be changing the format of your template. They have new templates and there are some pretty neat little tools you can use. The problem is that if I wanted to do that, I'd have to save a copy of my current template and then do a lot of pasting into the new one so I'd have all those videos on the sidebar and my reading list. I'll get around to doing that but it's not something I'm going to rush to switch over.

Boxed up Christmas this morning. CC and I pretty much follow the rule that the decorations stay up until after New Years but then they really need to be taken down. Looking around the living room it seems a bit empty. CC says it looks cleaner now and I suppose that's true. It's not nearly as cluttered in here as it was before and it feels more open. But you know, I kinda miss having all that stuff up on the mantle and the tree. We had everything decorated for almost a month so I guess it'll take a few days to get used to the old layout.

We've been doing some after Christmas shopping on eBay. Ok, some of it was before Christmas too. CC mentioned in her blog that she's already bought autographed pictures of several people. I've put in a bid on a movie poster for Curse of the Golden Flower. There are a few other odds and ends that I've got on order as well. I'm expecting two from eBay, one from Amazon and another from HBO. Who knows, maybe I'll get some of these things on Wednesday. We haven't had any mail delivery since Saturday. Bet the mailbox is going to be stuffed tomorrow.

Still finding it hard to go out to the movies. Every time we see previews for a movie that looks like it might be good, we find out that all the best material was shown in the preview. And while there have been some decent films released in the past month, there isn't anything showing right now that we just HAVE to rush out and see. We had the same problem last year as well. We'd see several movies in a row then nothing for months. To emphasize the point, we haven't bought many dvd's lately. The movies on sale now are the same ones we didn't want to see when they were in theaters. Well, it's a new year, maybe we'll get something better. I'm not holding my breath though :-)

No comments: