Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Random Ramblings

Currently Reading: The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. Dick

I'm going to miss the Olympics when it's over.  For two solid weeks now I've had something to turn on in the background while I did other things.  Yes, I could always just turn the TV on to some other station and let it run but when I've got the Olympics on, I can always stop and watch for a little while.  The same cannot be said of any random TV station.  There aren't any, even with satellite, that show something I'd watch 24 hours a day.

I followed the Olympics quite a bit during the first week but, as usual, once it moves to the second week, I tend to miss bits and pieces more often.  It's not that the events during the second week are boring or anything like that.  You've got the finals in hockey, there's bobsledding, lots of good stuff.  I just lose interest after a while.

So yes, even though I'm losing interest, I will miss having the Olympics.

On the plus side, we'll be heading into spring pretty soon and that means the end of hockey season.  The playoffs are always fun to watch.  Plus basketball will start their playoffs too.  And let's not forget, with spring comes Spring Training for baseball and then baseball season will start.  Yes, I know, most of you don't like baseball and find it boring but I still enjoy watching it.

I must say, I don't really have much to blog about at the moment.  I've been working at the two clinics and it's been keeping me busy.  I had 5 dogs today and three of them were energetic.  I don't mind doing dogs like that but it does take longer and it can really try your patience.  For the most part, you just have to let them settle down and be persistent in what you're trying to do.  If you're shaving feet and the dog keeps pulling away, you just keep at it.  Sooner or later the dog will realize that the shaving doesn't hurt and it'll stop pulling away.  The trick is keeping your cool until then :-)

And speaking of cool, it's starting to get cool again.  What's up with that?  We had two really nice days when it was in the 60's.  We actually opened up the windows and aired things out.  Now it's cold again.  Going to be back in the 30's for the high tomorrow and they're talking about snow flurries.  Thank goodness it won't be accumulating.  I'd hate for things to shut down AGAIN.  

Where did the month go?  It's already the end of February.  We've been in Nashville 2 months already.  It seems like a long time and yet it's still just 2 months.  8 weeks.  That's all the time we've been here.  I guess it's relative.  Sometimes a day goes by like an hour.  Sometimes a week goes by so fast I can barely keep up with it.

Yes, I'm rambling again.  Just opening up the doors and letting things flow out through the fingers.

I'm on twitter now.  Not that it matters all that much.  There are only a few people following me and at least 2 of them are spam.  It's nice to read the tweets from other people though, at least famous people.  Not everyone does it mind you, but some actors, writers, directors, etc. have accounts and they send out little messages now and then.  It's more interesting when they're in the middle of filming.   You get a bit of behind-the-scenes notes; a little glimpse of what it's like to be filming.

CC has a pretty cool little program that lets her update her Facebook status, blog and twitter account all from her cell phone. She just types in a message and it sends the message everwhere.  I was thinking maybe I'd get that but I haven't decided.  I mean, would anyone really be that interested in me yammering about a barky shih tzu that I'm shaving?

I was reading the news online and I though, "wow, it's pretty boring out there."  I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  Slow is good.  It's nice and peaceful.  But a part of me wonders what's lurking in the shadows behind that peace.  Is something really weird about to happen?  This is especially bothersome with the government.  Those idiots are never more dangerous than when they're quiet.  It means they're up to something.

I think that's about it.  Head seems pretty empty now.  I'm going to get some reading in.

No comments: