Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Accumulated Oddities

Currently Reading: Space Cadet by Robert A. Heinlein

Things have gotten a little weird in my universe lately. It all seemed to start right after we got that new car. No, there's no actual link between the two. Just coincidence there, and in fact, having the extra car has made the weirdness easier to deal with. Here's what's been going on (the short version because seriously, it would take me forever to write about it if I went into too much detail):

  1. We got the new car, you can see it over on CC's blog.
  2. The day after we got the car, I got a call from my manager telling me that I was going to the Winchester store to fill in for three weeks while they handled their vacations.
  3. Later that day I found out that corporate has decided that they no longer know WHO is going to the new store. So, I may not be going to the Collierville store when it opens after all.
  4. And speaking of the new store, it's no longer opening in June. Might be early July now, or later in July. And no one seems to have ANY idea.
  5. The afternoon of my first day at the Winchester store (which I refer to as being in exile), the apartment complex FINALLY replaced the AC unit in our apartment. Over that weekend, the coolest we could get the apartment was 82 degrees with the AC on.
  6. That night, again, while I'm in exile, the water heater sprayed steam into the sprinkler head that keeps the water heater from getting TOO hot and burning down the apartment. In short, it set off the sprinkler and the fire alarm, flooded the hallway of our apartment, summoned THREE fire trucks and flooded the two apartments below us (again, you can see the details at CC's blog).
  7. I've actually seen THREE summer movies and it's only JUNE! What's up with THAT?

Things are FINALLY starting to go back to normal now, almost one full week into exile. The carpet in the hall still has a damp smell to it that we're hoping the carpet cleaners can get out. They pulled up the pad and were supposed to be in yesterday to replace it but they never showed up. Maybe they'll be here today. So, the apartment kinda smells a little bit when you first come in and there's no padding under the carpet in the hall. Otherwise, we're pretty much back to normal.

See what I mean about weirdness? Yeah, just little things like that, one after the other. We got the AC fixed though. That's a good thing right?

No comments: