Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Latest . . .

Currently Reading: Parasite Eve by Hideaki Sena

Yes, yes, I know, it's been two weeks since the last blog entry and I usually post every week. To be perfectly honest, there just hasn't been a whole lot to report. With CC still in Manila (she comes back tomorrow) I haven't been out much except for work and shopping. Giving you the details on all of that would make for some very boring posts.

I finished a great book called Company, by Max Barry. If you've ever worked for a large company, national, international or just local, you've got to read this book. Well, ok, you don't HAVE to read it but you'll probably enjoy it. I won't go into the details about it other than to say it's about what happens to one guy when he goes to work for a company without doing any research first. If you're in the bookstore or browsing on Amazon, give it a look. It's great stuff.

I also finally saw 300 last week. Good thing I did too because it's not showing here anymore that I've been able to find. With Spiderman coming out last Friday and the next Pirates movie coming out, theaters are making room. 300 had a good run though and it'll be even more popular on dvd. Glad I saw it in the theater though. The scale of everything really plays out much better on a bigger screen.

Monday I worked over at another store. Their groomer was on leave and they had a three-day hole in their schedule. I took Monday because Tuesday and Wednesday are my days off. So far as I can tell, they were going to have to do without on those two days. No one from any of the other stores was willing to drive over. That's not too bad though. If you plan everything in advance, you can get away with that from time to time.

It was a little strange working in another store like that though. Things were very much the same as working in our store but just different enough. One thing I noticed is that while overall their store is bigger than ours, their grooming salon is a bit smaller. That really made no sense to me. With all that extra space, you'd think they'd put it to better use. Yes, the aisles were further apart and things were spread out a bit more but it didn't really seem like they had more stuff than we do.

Nothing really eventful happened while I was there. I did two cuts the whole day and that was it. That's probably about all I would have done over at our store anyway. Monday's tend to be a bit slow.

I'll be going on vacation in two weeks time. That will be fun. We'll be getting out of Memphis for a few days. A change of scenery is nice. Of course, CC has had that for a while now so I guess really the change is more for me :-)

Before that though, our salon manager is taking her vacation. Last year when she did that, things got REALLY ugly towards the last few days. I'm hoping that won't happen again. Given the changes in personnel though, it sure is possible that something might happen. Worse, if something DOES happen it's likely to be a whole lot more ugly than the last time. Keep your fingers crossed though. I don't want a lot of stress leading into my vacation :-)

Ran across this video the other day. CC will roll her eyes when she sees it. She'll be thinking, "AGAIN?" Yes, I've been playing this one over and over. It's just too funny. Of course, the subtitles aren't a translation of what's being sung, just what it sounds like in English.



Enjoy!

No comments: