Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ninja Warrior; Updates

Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Ok, first the updates. Still working. Almost done with grooming school. Getting better at grooming, thank goodness. Lost another bather, this time through more interesting circumstances but I can't go into that here. CC's doing her seminars over in Manila for the next three weeks or so and yes, I'm a bit grumpy about that.

I am also happy to say that after 4 days, the apartment hasn't fallen in on itself. There aren't any piles of garbage anywhere, no rodents the size of small dogs hanging out with us. I've kept the place in fairly good order though I really do need to finish up a few chores. My "to do" list on my PDA keeps getting longer and longer. The problem is, you see, CC left on Friday. That means all the stuff she normally would have done Saturday and Sunday became my chores and they'll remain my chores until she gets back. We had all the housework split up pretty well between us but now it's all mine so I've got to cram it in when I can.

What also makes this a little tricky is that we've lost another bather, as I said, so my schedule got changed up a bit and I ended up having to work an extra day to cover. At that point it's simple math. More chores plus less time equals lost of things left undone. Not to worry though, I'll get to them either today or tomorrow. I've finally reached my weekend :-)


There's a show I've been watching lately over on G4 Tech called Ninja Warrior. They're rebroadcasting a Japanese show, one of those game shows where you have to work your way through an obstacle course. It's the sort of thing that would never take off over here because we just don't like our TV that way. You see, since they started doing this show 10 years ago, only two people have ever made it all the way to the end. Two winners in 10 years. Think about that. We lost interest in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire after just a few years because there didn't seem to be enough winners.

Anyway, the second winner is a guy I've seen several times. He's been doing the course for years but never made it all the way through until the last one. Here's video of all 4 of his stages. You can see this is NOT an easy thing to do.





This guy is a fisherman. He spends his spare time training for this competition and is one of the regulars. The other regulars are a gas station manager (who does the course every year in khakis and his work shirt), a fireman, and a gymnist.

It's a pretty cool show and it runs on G4 Tech. It's probably one of those channels you just flip on by when you're channel surfing but if you happen to come across Ninja Warrior, give it a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

harharhar! we watch that show! i saw a commercial for it then set the dvr to tape one episode cuz it looked like those wacky shows my brother loves watching on the japanese cable channel back in maninla like takeshi's castle and all their other weird game shows... anyhoo, when we were watching it, odari and i were falling off our seats laffing so hard! especially on the wipe-outs! ouch! those look like they hurt! so we've been dvr-ing all the episodes and just saw 3 of the women of ninja warrior tournaments.. and the same girl won the first 2 and was on her way to winning the 3rd when.. the dvr cut off! the show ran long and the ending didnt get recorded! grrrr! ;p LOL LOL LOL